We are looking for someone to join our fast-paced organization who values teamwork, helping people, and continuous learning!
Full Time Position
Yukonstruct is a dynamic and growing organization. You’ll love the role of Operations Director if you’re passionate about people, live to develop dynamic connections, believe in the power of collaboration, and LOVE managing and optimizing physical spaces, people and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations and Facility management (25%)
- Responsibility and oversight of ensuring the Northlight Innovation Facilities are clean and functional for members and guests, supplies are stocked, equipment is in working order, and processes and systems are functioning to support the facilities intended use.
- Working with the Executive Director in managing all tenant agreements.
- Evaluating and developing systems (physical and process) that manage members, guests, partners and infrastructure systems, as well as ensure efficient use of resources.
- Supervising maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities in conjunction with other staff, volunteers, and the building owners maintenance team, and hiring external agents when needed.
- Understanding current and future equipment, layout, systems, and renovation needs, and communicating those needs to the Executive Director for planning (in collaboration with Building Committee).
Supervising Staff, Contractors and Volunteers (25%)
- Supervising and scheduling 4-6 part-time and full-time staff as well as contractors as needed for the operations of the society.
- Filling in reception duties and on-site service/program delivery when staff are not able to be scheduled or where a higher level of support is needed.
- Supervising and supporting the Bookings and Administration Coordinator, ensuring that all rental bookings are managed and invoiced effectively and efficiently.
- Overseeing and developing the volunteer program and managing volunteer tasks and projects in conjunction with the relevant Board Committee and the Makespace Director. Assigning staff to oversee volunteer projects as needed.
- Overseeing and developing the Subsidy program to ensure our society is accessible to all.
Membership, Partner, and Guest Management (20%)
- Maintaining and developing the membership systems, including registration of new members, cancellations and adjustments to memberships, adjusting and charging fees, and updating and managing member benefits.
- Working with the Executive Director in establishing and maintaining Partnership relationships and overseeing delivery of partnership programs.
- Ensuring member and guest experience is positive and making improvements and adjustments to service delivery and systems to continually improve the client experience.
- Ensuring that the capacity is maximized and managed effectively to meet and exceed the societies financial and use targets.
Membership & Tenant Engagement (10%)
- Working to develop and run internal membership engagement events, such as the monthly networking events (Social Hour, Welcome Wednesdays, Casual Fridays), or annual member appreciation event.
- Exploring ways to increase membership engagement and increase collaboration between all members and tenants in the Northlight Innovation building.
- Overseeing partial budgets and expenses including supervised staff.
- Overseeing scheduling of facility activity to ensure smooth use and user conflicts are managed appropriately.
- Chairing and preparing materials for the Building Committee to operate effectively.
- Assisting the Executive Director in strategy and budget planning to achieve our strategic goal of Financial Sustainability.
Custom Program and Project Consultation and Delivery (5%)
- Assisting the Executive Director and the Makespace Director in responding to custom program and event requests by providing advice and knowledge of how to respond, and where capable, assist in delivery of custom solution.
Additional Responsibilities (5%)
- Assisting the Executive Director in seeking and maintaining partnership relationships.
- Attending relevant Board Committee and task force meetings as determined by the Executive Director.
- Other Duties assigned by the Executive Director.
COMPENSATION AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Up to 37.5 hours per week with flexibility to suit the right candidate
- Work location is in Whitehorse, Yukon
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Vacation and Benefit Plan
- Being part of a dynamic close-knit team
- Being a part of a growing community
Submit a resume & cover letter highlighting how your skills match the position and why you want to work at Yukonstruct. Please note only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.
This job posting will remain active until the position is filled.