Yukonstruct Society is seeking a passionate, creative, part-time instructor to join our organization and support our Maker Kids spring break camp for kids aged 11 to 14 Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm March 18th to 22nd.
There will be some work leading up to the camp for training as well as programming development for the right candidate.
Our organization is dynamic and fast-paced. We’re looking for someone who loves working in a team, is passionate about helping children learn and grow, is self-directed, and will thrive in a community of makers and creatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and teach age-appropriate hands-on Maker and STEM activities using our laser cutter, 3D printer, woodshop, metal shop, and sewing resources
- Implement lesson plans in a fun, engaging, and creative manner
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Follow guidelines and safety protocols defined by Yukonstruct and ensure participants do the same.
- Collaborate with other instructors and staff
- Previous experience with elementary-aged children
- Passionate about working with children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, adaptable, and committed
- Fun, creative, and energetic
- Passionate about learning new skills and receptive to training
- Experience in at least a couple of these fields: metalwork, woodwork, laser cutters, casting, sewing, or 3d printing, some training will be provided.
- Clear vulnerable sector check
- First aid
- Understanding of Maker culture such as safe reuse and recycling of materials.
- Knowledge of teaching best practices and educational standards
This is a temporary employment opportunity running from March 18th to 22nd, 2024. There will be more opportunities for working with youth through our organization in the future such as summer camps and school groups for the right candidate!
Additional Application Instructions
Apply to Jeramy@yukonstruct.com with a cover letter and resume.
First review of applications begins on February 8th, 2024.