« All Events
CANCELLED: Maker Camp, Spring Break 2020
23 March 2020 @ 8:45 am - 27 March 2020 @ 3:30 pm
Our spring break Maker Camp, supported by Skills Canada Yukon, is a week of fun packed with learning, tinkering and constructing activities!
It is for anyone aged 9-13 who likes to create with their own hands. If you’re looking for inspiring STEAM activities for your kids, this is the right place!
Throughout the week, we will play and learn with robotics, woodworking, laser cutting, 3D printing, virtual reality and more! This will allow kids to delve into subjects that go beyond the typical school curriculum. We will inspire new curiosities with the tools and skills we like to share here at Yukonstruct.
Your kids will be able to build a number of projects themselves and take a variety of what they made home.
This camp will be run by YuKonstruct staff members and Skills Canada Yukon volunteers. Other outside instructors may be coming to teach specific skills and projects.
If you have any questions about the camp, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
One week, Monday through Friday, March 23-27, 8:45am-3:30pm
Important info for parents:
Daily drop off: 8:30-8:45am
Daily pick up: 3:30-4pm
Does your child have any medical conditions, allergies and sensitivities?
Let us know when purchasing the ticket:
- if your child has any existing medical conditions which would affect their ability to participate.
- if your child has any special needs (physical, language, etc.) that will require support.
- of any food allergies. Food, snacks and drinks will be provided.
- of light and coordination sensitivities. We will be using VR headsets.
- of any dust sensitivities or wood allergies. We will be in the woodshop using spruce and pine wood.
- of any wood smoke sensitivities. We will be laser cutting plywood.