Join Yukonstruct’s Weekend Woodworking Maker Academy for a 6-week Bootcamp, focused on building your skills and confidence in the woodshop and build a Small Wall Cabinet. Throughout the course, you will learn the basics of woodworking from a skilled instructor and how to safely operate the equipment and tools in the woodshop. During this hands-on workshop, you will practice carpentry skills such as milling lumber, working off a cut list, simple joinery (rabbets and dados) and finishing, with the assistance of an expert while working on a project to take home. The program includes:
- 18 hours of instruction by a highly skilled instructor
- 2 months premium Makespace membership to work on your class project or other projects in between classes (24/7 access except for certain times when there is programming)
- Storage space for your class project for the duration of the classes.
- A kit of small tools to use for the duration of the course.
- Access to skilled mentors to help with your project in between classes.
- All supplies to complete the wall cabinet project are included in the price of the program.
- Dates: Every Sunday from October 22nd – November 26th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Cost: $999.00 includes all supplies + 2-month Premium 24/7 Makespace Membership (value of $238.00)
- Where: Yukonstruct Makespace
- Instructor: Colin MacDonald
Minimum 4 students | Maximum 6 students | Cancellation Policy
Do I need to have woodworking experience to join this program?
Nope! This program is designed to accommodate absolute novices. If you’ve never stepped foot in a woodshop before, this program will meet you where you’re at.
I have some woodworking experience, will this program be too beginner for me?
The program project steps are designed to build on the skills of each successive class, so will build skills even if you have some experience but haven’t built something like a cabinet on your own yet.
I love this idea but woodworking isn’t my thing, are you planning Maker Academies with other skills?
We sure are! Stay tuned for a Sewing Academy and a Metal Work Academy.