Join Yukonstruct’s Weekend Welding Maker Academy for a 6 week Bootcamp, focused on building your skills and confidence in the metal shop. Throughout the course, you will learn the basics of print reading, cutting, grinding, and welding with stick and MIG (SMAW AND GMAW) from a skilled instructor. During this hands-on workshop, you will practice welding and metalwork skills, with the assistance of an expert, and apply them to 3 projects to take home. This course is designed for complete beginners as well as folks with some metal shop experience looking to up their game.
- steel rose, lotus, or low poly mask ( Participants will choose 1)
- hexagonal basket or planter box
- bar height stool
The program includes:
- 18 hours of instruction by a highly-skilled instructor
- 2 months premium Makespace membership (24-hour access) 256$ value
- Storage for your projects
- Access to skilled mentors to help with your project in between classes.
- All supplies to complete these 3 projects are included in the price of the program
If participants do not work on projects between classes they may not finish them by the end of the course.
If you have already completed these projects during a Yukonstruct course but would still like to attend this course contact firstname.lastname@example.org for other project options.
About the Instructor: Jeramy is a CWB Welding Supervisor red seal steamfitter/pipefitter, third-year welder who has been doing metal work and welding for over 30 years, and has been teaching at Yukonstruct for over 4 years.
Participants will need to wear long sleeve non-synthetic clothing (100% cotton denim jeans, long-sleeve cotton shirt.) closed-toed leather shoes and safety glasses in the shop at all times, Yukonstruct will supply safety glasses. If you need glasses for reading please bring those too, they help with seeing to weld.
Classes are every Saturday from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm from February 3rd to March 9th, 2024.