This workshop will include
- what is “voicing”?
- the categories of scripts that need voicing
- how to approach and interpret a script
- how to time a script
- some microphone technique
- how voicing a script fits into different production processes in different industries (radio, video games, television, telephony, public speaking, e-learning, etc)
- the essentials of working with sound recording & sound editing software to deliver “ready for production” audio
- techniques for crafting & improving your voiced delivery of the script
- sample scripts for practice and exercises
This workshop is for anyone interested in voicing radio commercials, public service announcements, radio station IDs, telephone greetings & menus, e-learning narration, presentation text, and other text that needs voicing. There are several potential opportunities to use this ability, including some volunteer-run radio stations in the Yukon, as well on-line (Internet-based) voice marketplaces, and call center menu trees.
Price: $10 for members, $15 for non-members ** Please bring your favourite pair of earbuds or headphones to this session.