This class is required for members to use the plasma cutter, but non-members are welcome to join as well. Each participant receives a 12″x4″ steel plate to cut their artwork into.
Bring your own black and white image, vector graphics, or just a word that speaks to you!
Closed-toe shoes and non-flammable, non-synthetic clothing are required for this training session. Participants may wish to bring their own leather gloves and protective #3-#5 shaded eyewear.
About the instructor: Rick is our multi-talented Makespace Director. He spent ten years as a programmer, designer, and project manager at an indie game studio. His other passions include traditional woodworking, electronics, leather working, and chocolate making.
Minimum 3 participants | Maximum 5 participants | Cancellation & Refund Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask, to reduce spread of anything and protect you from metal shop dust. Free masks are provided (if available).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.