Turn your Old Sweaters into Mittens!
Presented by YuKonstruct & Skills Canada Yukon
With the guidance of Samantha Hand (Executive Director of Skills Canada Yukon + sewing enthusiast), we will walk through the step by step process of making mittens out of old sweaters.
Sewing machines and tools will be provided to all participants. If you would like to bring your personal machine that is fine, as long as it has a new needle, a bobbin, and is working and ready to go.
All Materials are Provided, but feel free to bring an old sweater or two you want to transform into mittens.
Big thanks to skills canada yukon for providing the supplies and making this an affordable workshop!
Looking forward to sewing together!
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We encourage you to bring and wear a fabric mask. If you don’t have one, free masks are provided (if available to us).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.