Join us to celebrate and recognize Yukoners who are improving and effecting positive change through innovation and transformation. Nominate an individual, business, or organization that inspires you.
The award winners will be recognized at the annual Hall of Innovators Awards Ceremony on Thursday, November 24, 2022.
Nominations close Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 11:59pm
- Lifetime achievement: an innovator, entrepreneur, business, or organization who has empowered or transformed the culture of innovation in the Yukon. This nominee will be permanently inducted into the Hall of Innovation.
- Notable Innovators or Innovations: a person or project that has improved and effected positive or transformational change for people, places or systems, through innovation.
- Youth Innovator Award: a youth that has shown leadership and empowered communities to solve problems through action that will transform future generations.
The Selection Committee will consider the following when making their selection of honorees:
- Innovation: the nominee has generated transformative ideas or products (such as intellectual property, new technologies, systems or businesses) that have affected positive change in people, places or industries.
- Transformation: the nominee has demonstrated relentless support for improving their community as a transformational leader; and has made a positive impact on lives in the Yukon.
- Values and ethics: the nominee has placed ethics and values at the core of decision-making practices and all professional dealings.
- Nominees can be living or posthumous.
- Nominees are to be Yukoners by birth or by choice.
Characteristics of Successful Innovators:
- Imagination – Ability to think outside of the status quo or common wisdom.
- Adaptability – Being proactively perseverant in the face of obstacles.
- Opportunistic Mindset – Ability to see gaps in the market where others do not.
- Creator – Envisioning a new opportunity where “none” previously existed.
- Business Leadership – Ability to bring others together to collaborate on solving a problem.
- Transformational – Creating change that shifts perspectives or opportunities for the future.
Nominations are due Sunday, Oct. 16th at 11:59pm
Watch this short video to hear from previous year’s recipients. See the full list of previous recipients here.
Come visit NorthLight Innovation to check out the Hall of Innovators Installation in person!
If you have any questions, please contact Lana Selbee at email@example.com
Hall of Innovators is brought to you in partnership with