Work @ YuKonstruct
A bit of a background on YuKonstruct
YuKonstruct was founded as a society in January 2014, and opened a makerspace under that name soon after. The society added a coworking space called (co)space in November of 2015. The organization and its two spaces emerged quickly and organically from the passion and hard work of small but dedicated group of volunteers. YuKonstruct is governed by a Board of Directors. A committee of members called CORE (Committee on Operations, Resources and Equipment) also provides input on the daily operations of the makerspace.
Profiles of the current staff, directors and volunteers are available on our Our Team page.
Current job openings
Programming and Communications Director
YuKonstruct is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual that will take initiative to help develop the programming of the society as well as direct communications.
*This position is subject to funding approval.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programming and Communications Director will take the lead on overseeing and developing YMS’s programming, primarily at the makerspace, but also support programming at the coworking facility.
- Responsible for programming of workshops and training, specifically:
- Planning for appropriate workshops and training opportunities over a yearly timeframe in collaboration with the Makerspace Director
- Maintaining a schedule of workshops and training opportunities a few months ahead.
- Advertising workshops and training.
- Coordination of workshop instructors.
- Maintaining a list of resources available for training.
- Reporting on the attendance and success of workshops and training.
- Communication with the community and other organizations regarding potential programming.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the society’s communications, including:
- Creation and circulation of monthly newsletters for both makerspace and (co)space, with content assistance from other staff and volunteers.
- Managing the society’s social media platforms
- Running social media and traditional media promotional campaigns for upcoming events, programming, and other communications needs.
- This position may be responsible for supervising a part-time staff seasonally and/or as programming grows.
- Other duties as required
- 32 hours per week.
- Some hours will include “front desk” reception responsibilities.
- A schedule of regular hours will be established.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Post Secondary Degree. Preferably in education, communication, business, but other relevant degrees are accepted
- At least 2-years experience with offering education/training programming, developing programming, and/or overseeing program delivery.
- Knowledge of the maker movement and “STEAM” programming.
- Ability to design and deliver some programming.
- Experience with budgets, expense management, and other basic business skills an asset.
- Proficiency with social media, WordPress, MailChimp, and general marketing techniques.
- Ability to be self-driven and seek to improve and develop areas of responsibility.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative spirit.
Application deadline April 30th, 2017 at 11:59 pm
Email [email protected] for details and to apply